Mental Health First Aid Course at SO Coach on the 13th & 14th July
Become a Mental Health First Aider, gain the confidence to approach someone and support them during a mental health crisis. Valued at £300 by MHFA England, our price is £270 per person (£225 +Vat)
When & where...
13 Jul, 09:00 – 14 Jul, 17:00
SO Coach, 21a, The Courtyard Blakemere Village, Sandiway, Northwich CW8 2EB, UK
About the course...
Book your place on our two day Mental Health First Aid course today...
On successful completion of the course you will become a Mental Health First Aider.
MHFA England manual, workbook, certificate, resources and refreshments throughout the two days.
Accreditation and certificate achieved through MHFA England.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
This two day course will give you the skills to manage a mental health issue or crisis that may arise with colleagues, clients, family or friends. We know what to do if someone falls and cuts their knee, this is the mental health equivalent.
Who is the course is great for?
- Individuals who want to help someone who is experiencing a mental health crisis
- HR teams who experience mental health issues with their colleagues
- People managers & leadership teams
- People supporting a family member or friend with a mental health issue
- Organisations responding to their company culture and ethical responsibilities
What is covered?
Approved MHFA England Instructors will deliver the course in four manageable sessions.
The sessions are:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
What will I achieve?
Over the two days you will learn to:
- Use 'CPR' and spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone start their recovery faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Book your place...
Book and pay now
Cost = £225 + Vat (£270) - this booking will confirm your place(s). We will email your confirmation and sales receipt within 72 hours.
Book and pay via invoice
Cost = £225 + Vat (£270) - this booking will reserve your place(s). We will email your confirmation and invoice within 72 hours. Your place(s) will be confirmed when payment is received.