Wed, 17 May|
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA®) Course - 17th & 18th May
MHFAiders® gain the skills to spot the signs of a person experiencing poor mental health 💙 have the confidence to start a conversation 👍 £237.50 +Vat per person
Place & time
17 May, 09:00 BST – 18 May, 17:00 BST
SO Coach, 21a, The Courtyard Blakemere Village, Sandiway, Northwich CW8 2EB, UK
Book your place on our two day Mental Health First Aid course today...
On successful completion of the course you will become a Mental Health First Aider (MHFAider®).
Accreditation and certificate achieved through MHFA England.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the non-professional support offered to a person developing poor mental health, experiencing a worsening of a mental health condition or in a mental health crisis. This can include in a work, home, or community setting.
How will attending an MHFA course help?
The MHFA course teaches people how to spot the early signs of poor mental health, including warning signs of common mental health crises, how to offer and provide initial help, and how to encourage a person to seek appropriate professional treatment and other sources of support.
The aims of MHFA are to:
- Preserve life where a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
- provide help to prevent poor mental health from becoming more serious
- Promote recovery from poor mental health
- Provide comfort to a person with poor mental health
As an MHFAider® you will be able to:
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care
Alongside the best evidence-based Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training,
- MHFAiders® are also provided with three-year access to ongoing learning and support through the MHFAider Support App®.
- A comprehensive workbook and access to an online manual to refer to whenever you need it
- An e-certificate of attendance to say you are an MHFAiders®
Book and pay now
£237.50 + Vat (£285) per person. This booking will confirm your place(s). We will email your confirmation and sales receipt within 72 hours.£285.00Tax: Vat included
Book and pay via invoice
£237.50 + Vat (£285) per person. This booking will reserve your place(s). We will email your confirmation and invoice within 72 hours. Your place(s) will be confirmed when payment is received.£0.00