Fri, 20 Oct|
Suicide First Aid: Understanding Suicide Intervention - 20th October
A one-day course designed to teach and practice skills and needed to approach someone who may be thinking about suicide and competently intervene 💙 £105 per person
Place & time
20 Oct, 09:00 – 17:00
SO Coach, 21a, The Courtyard Blakemere Village, Sandiway, Northwich CW8 2EB, UK
Book your place on our one day Suicide First Aid course.
Teaching the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting, captured in a one-day event accredited by City and Guilds of London and is for anyone who seeks greater understanding and confidence to intervene with people at risk of suicide. Your trainer will be Simon who is an experienced suicide prevention trainer.
What is Suicide First Aid?
The Suicide First Aid through Understanding Suicide Intervention course gives learners the knowledge and tools to understand that suicide is one of the most preventable deaths and some basic skills can help someone with thoughts of suicide stay safe from their thoughts and stay alive.
The course is comprised of 4 parts, each 90 minutes duration. The programme teaches and practices the skills and knowledge needed to identify someone who may be thinking about suicide and competently intervene to help create suicide-safety as a first aid approach.
- Suicide behaviour; reasons and magnitude of the community health problem.
- Role of the carer in managing suicide interventions; different roles with different people
- Understand approaches and process of suicide intervention including desired outcomes
- Understand the importance of self-reflection and personal impact when working with suicide and people at risk
No previous experience or training is necessary. Participants will be asked to self-reflect and empathise with a person having thoughts of suicide. There is no expectation of participants to share their personal experiences.
The course has been accredited by City & Guilds of London. Upon satisfactory completion of a further assessed module, participants can attain 6 NQF credits at level 4. This is subject to an additional £85 fee payable to C&G.
Who should attend the course?
- Members of all communities who want to save lives.
- Multi-sector practitioners including health, housing, social care, education, criminal justice, call centre operators, private, voluntary and public sector workers and community members.
Book and pay now
£87.50 + Vat (£105) per person. This booking will confirm your place(s). We will email your confirmation and sales receipt within 72 hours.£105.00Tax: Vat included
Book and pay via invoice
£87.50 + Vat (£105) per person. This booking will reserve your place(s). We will email your confirmation and invoice within 72 hours. Your place(s) will be confirmed when payment is received.£0.00